Greek Style Baked Pork Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll think you're on a Mediterranean getaway with this tasty dish! Finished in under 30 minutes, this is sure to be a great addition to your dinner rotation!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 1/2-inch thick) boneless loin pork chops (about 6 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup crumbles feta cheese
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata or ripe black olives, chopped
What to Do
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, and set aside. Combine flour, salt, and black pepper in a large resealable plastic freezer bag. Add pork chops; seal and shake to coat.
Melt butter in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat (see Note). Add chops; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Spoon reserved bell pepper mixture evenly over chops.
Bake in skillet, covered, 5 minutes or until done. Sprinkle with cheese and olives.
If you don't have a cast iron skillet, wrap the handle of a large nonstick skillet with heavy-duty aluminum foil. This should make your regular skillet safe for a quick stint in the oven.
You can learn how to make all of your favorite pork dinners with our free eCookbook, Our Best Pork Recipes: 35 Easy Recipes for Pork Chops, Pork Roasts, and More.
- Interested in trying other Greek recipes? Then you'll love our Athenian Pasta Salad and Easy Moussaka.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 281
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 16g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 6.5g 33 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 22g 45 %
- Cholesterol 71mg 24 %
- Sodium 809mg 34 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 1.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.