Gremolata-Topped Pork Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What on earth is a gremolata? Why, it's one of our favorite combination of spices, perfect for beef, veggies, and yes, pork chops! Turn one of our best pork chop recipes into a family dinner to remember by taking a stroll down Gremolata Lane!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 (1-inch-thick) boneless pork chops
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
What to Do
- Make gremolata by processing cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon salt, the garlic, and next 3 ingredients in a food processor until coarsely pureed; set aside.
- Sprinkle pork chops with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the black pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops, and cook 7 to 8 minutes. Turn chops; spoon gremolata evenly over chops. Cook 7 to 8 more minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
Note: This mixture is traditionally made with parsley and served with hearty meat dishes. Here, cilantro replaces parsley as a refreshing update. Try gremolata with vegetables, too.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.