Hand-Breaded Pork Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sherry Gore, the author of Simply Delicious Amish Cooking, has graciously shared her recipe for Hand-Breaded Pork Chops with us, and we couldn't be happier. Sauteed in a pan and drizzled with gravy, this mouthwatering dish will disappear in a flash!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 (1-inch-thick) pork chops
- Salt and pepper for sprinkling
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- CREAMY COUNTRY GRAVY
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
What To Do:
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and butter until hot.
- In a shallow dish, place milk. In another shallow dish, place flour. Dip pork chops in milk, then in flour, coating completely. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in skillet.
- Cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned, turn chops over, add onions, and continue to cook 7 to 8 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink and onions are golden brown. Remove chops and onions to a platter; cover.
- To make gravy, melt butter in skillet, then add flour. Slowly stir in milk and cook until thickened. Stir in salt and pepper, pour over pork chops, and serve immediately.
- Top off this delicious meal with our gorgeous Amish Vanilla Crumb Pie!
Be sure to check out some great interviews with Howard and Sherry here!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 451
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27g 42 %
- Saturated Fat 9.8g 49 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 28g 55 %
- Cholesterol 90mg 30 %
- Sodium 422mg 18 %
- Total Carbohydrates 23g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 6.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Mom's Go-To Weeknight Goulash is super easy and budget-friendly, making it a great weeknight dinner recipe! This family-friendly dinner is made with ground beef, elbow macaroni, a couple of veggies and your family's favorite spaghetti sauce. Everything cooks together in one skillet, and, right before it's served, it's topped with some yummy cheese. The results are delicious!