Pesto Pork Medallions
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This savory, creamy, all-together tasty dish is an easy one pan skillet dish that proves pesto's not just for pasta! Our Pesto Pork Medallions are an elegant, company-ready main course that is sure to impress again and again. But, just between us, it only takes ten minutes to whip up! That's a ton of gourmet flavor in absolutely no time at all.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
Whip up a gourmet-style pizza at home with our recipe for Artichoke Pesto Pizza. Even the pesto sauce is homemade! With toppings like artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes, you know this pizza is going to impress even the toughest of critics. Artichoke Pesto Pizza
What to Do
- Place pork loin on a cutting board and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices. One at a time, lay each slice between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a kitchen mallet or rolling pin until it’s about 1/4-inch thick. Repeat until all the pork is flattened.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Season pork medallions with salt and pepper, then place in flour and coat evenly on both sides.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add pork and cook in batches 2 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more butter as needed. Remove pork to a covered platter to keep warm.
- Add cream and pesto to skillet; mix well. Add tomatoes and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Spoon tomatoes and sauce over pork medallions and enjoy.
Check This Out!
- If you can't get enough pork, try our Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin, our Balsamic Pork Chops, or our Ham and Scalloped Potato Casserole!
- For the love of pesto! For more of this excellent sauce, make our Basil Pesto Focaccia, our Perfect Pesto Potatoes, or one of our Fresh Pesto Favorites.
- It's all about the sauce. For more fun with sauces, try out this collection of Homemade Sauce Recipes!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!