Pesto Pork Medallions
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This savory, creamy, all-together tasty dish is an easy one pan skillet dish that proves pesto's not just for pasta! Our Pesto Pork Medallions are an elegant, company-ready main course that is sure to impress again and again. But, just between us, it only takes ten minutes to whip up! That's a ton of gourmet flavor in absolutely no time at all.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
Whip up a gourmet-style pizza at home with our recipe for Artichoke Pesto Pizza. Even the pesto sauce is homemade! With toppings like artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes, you know this pizza is going to impress even the toughest of critics. Artichoke Pesto Pizza
What to Do
- Place pork loin on a cutting board and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices. One at a time, lay each slice between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a kitchen mallet or rolling pin until it’s about 1/4-inch thick. Repeat until all the pork is flattened.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Season pork medallions with salt and pepper, then place in flour and coat evenly on both sides.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add pork and cook in batches 2 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more butter as needed. Remove pork to a covered platter to keep warm.
- Add cream and pesto to skillet; mix well. Add tomatoes and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Spoon tomatoes and sauce over pork medallions and enjoy.
Check This Out!
- If you can't get enough pork, try our Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin, our Balsamic Pork Chops, or our Ham and Scalloped Potato Casserole!
- For the love of pesto! For more of this excellent sauce, make our Basil Pesto Focaccia, our Perfect Pesto Potatoes, or one of our Fresh Pesto Favorites.
- It's all about the sauce. For more fun with sauces, try out this collection of Homemade Sauce Recipes!