Pork Chops with Bacon-Onion Marmalade
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 (6-ounce) chop
- COOK TIME
- 21 Min
Instead of making pork chops the way you always do, we suggest giving these a try! They're weeknight-perfect and the bacon-onion marmalade delivers a whole lot of flavor. So, grab a skillet (we suggest a cast iron one, if you have it!) and get ready to cook up something new and delicious for dinner tonight!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 slices crispy-cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 (1-inch thick) pork loin chops
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and saute onion 6 to 8 minutes or until soft. Add balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; heat 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in bacon and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, combine flour, paprika, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper; mix well. Place milk in another shallow dish. Dip pork chops in milk, then in flour mixture, coating completely. Then, dip again in milk and flour mixture.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat shortening over medium heat until hot, but not smoking. Add chops and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through and coating is golden. Drain on paper towel-lined platter. Spoon bacon and onion mixture over pork chops, and serve.
For even more ideas with pork chops, check out our collection of Amazing & Easy Pork Chop Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.