Really Easy Pork Scaloppine
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hosting a last-minute dinner party, or just looking for a way to fancy up a quick weeknight dinner? Well then, our Really Easy Pork Scaloppine is just the ticket. This dish looks fancy schmancy, but it only takes 10 minutes to make!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound pork tenderloin or boneless pork loin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
What to Do
- Cut pork crosswise into 8 slices. Place pork between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin (see Tip). Sprinkle pork evenly with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter until hot. Add garlic and half the pork; cook 2 minutes on each side. Transfer pork to a platter and keep warm. Repeat process with remaining oil, butter, and pork; transfer to platter.
- Add capers and lemon juice to skillet; cook 30 seconds, then pour sauce over pork and serve immediately.
- Pounding the pork tenderizes the meat and allows it to cook faster.
- We love a side of creamy mashed potatoes with this, so we don't waste a drop of the delicious sauce!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.