Shortcut Sausage and Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We know, we know, you want the taste of the one-pot dish that Mama used to make, but you don't have time to cook it all day. Well, by using canned beans, we can take a shortcut that lets us serve this up in minutes.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained
What to Do
In a soup pot, saute sausage over medium-high heat about 1 minute.
Add onion and garlic and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until no pink remains in sausage, stirring to crumble sausage.
Add remaining ingredients and cook an additional 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
A loaf of crusty bread is the perfect go-along.