Skillet Glazed Pork
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The glaze in this flavor-packed pork dish is made with an ingredient you may have never tried before. This ingredient adds a slightly salty, Asian flair to dishes and is great for cooking with, as well as dipping into. You'll have to try our recipe for Skillet Glazed Pork to see for yourself!
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 pounds pork shoulder steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups cooked white rice, warmed
- 2 scallions, cut in half and shredded lengthwise
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil; saute pork and onion 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove mixture to a bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium; add fish sauce, brown sugar, hot sauce, ginger, garlic, and pepper strips. Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk broth and cornstarch and add to skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Return pork to skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink in center. Serve over rice and top with scallions.
And for dessert? How about a "Just Peachy" Fluff Salad? Sweet, simple, and refreshing!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say goodbye to boring hot dogs and hello to ones that are deli-delicious! Our Reuben Dogs are a mashup between a favorite deli sandwich (the Reuben!) and perfectly-cooked hot dogs. The tang of the sauerkraut, the gooeyness of the cheese, and the flavor of the Russian dressing make our hot dogs taste extra-special.