Slow Roasted Country Ribs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Slow Roasted Country Ribs get their German-inspired flavor from none other than sauerkraut. With an old world combo of tastes; that hearty dish is a true change of pace.
What You'll Need
- 1 (2-pound) package refrigerated sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 (3-pound) package pork country-style ribs
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Place sauerkraut in prepared baking dish. Place ribs over sauerkraut, sprinkle with onion soup mix, then top with onions. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1-1/2 hours. Uncover and bake 15 additional minutes, or until ribs are tender. Serve with sauerkraut.
- Serve this up with a side of our Classic Creamed Spinach! And don't forget some spicy mustard and even a good German beer (alcoholic or not)!
- This recipe works well in a slow cooker, too. Simply set it on low for 8 to 10 hours, and come home to a hot and hearty meal.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set out your favorite dipping sauces and grab a pair of chopsticks 'cause no one is going to want to miss out on these Imperial Pork Pot Stickers. Pot stickers are kind of like Chinese dumplings that are filled with great Asian flavors. You might want to make a few batches!