Slow Roasted Country Ribs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Slow Roasted Country Ribs get their German-inspired flavor from none other than sauerkraut. With an old world combo of tastes; that hearty dish is a true change of pace.
What You'll Need
- 1 (2-pound) package refrigerated sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 (3-pound) package pork country-style ribs
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Place sauerkraut in prepared baking dish. Place ribs over sauerkraut, sprinkle with onion soup mix, then top with onions. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1-1/2 hours. Uncover and bake 15 additional minutes, or until ribs are tender. Serve with sauerkraut.
- Serve this up with a side of our Classic Creamed Spinach! And don't forget some spicy mustard and even a good German beer (alcoholic or not)!
- This recipe works well in a slow cooker, too. Simply set it on low for 8 to 10 hours, and come home to a hot and hearty meal.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Crispy Avocado Wedges are a summer-fresh way to enjoy something crispy-crunchy. They're also a healthier alternative to french fries. Serve them with our homemade cilantro dipping sauce and you've got yourself a tasty snack (or side dish) that can't be beat!