Tropical Pork Kebabs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Many pork loin recipes ignore all the unique things you can do with a pork tenderloin. But not us! With the flavors of the tropics and a few off-the-shelf ingredients, we know your friends and family will go hog wild over our easy Tropical Pork Kebabs!
What You'll Need
- 8 wooden or metal skewers
- 2 pounds pork loin, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 large red bell peppers, cored, cleaned, and cut into 8 pieces each
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored, cleaned, and cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into 4 slices then into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Alternately thread each skewer with pork chunks, 2 red pepper pieces, 1 green pepper piece, and 2 pineapple wedges.
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine the honey, lime juice, grated lime peel, garlic, yellow mustard, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Place kebabs in baking dish and rotate them to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Baste kebabs with marinade; discard excess marinade. Grill kebabs 7 to 9 minutes, or until pork is no longer pink, turning frequently to cook on all sides.
Tips for Grilling Pork
- Add unique flavor combinations with low-fat, low-sodium spice rubs, herbs or marinades.
- For pork chops, burgers, whole pork tenderloin and kebabs, use direct heat. For pork roasts and ribs, use indirect heat.
- If using thick or sweet sauces, baste only 5 to 10 minutes before the chops are done. This prevents burning sugar-based sauces.
- Cook pork to medium doneness or to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 280
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 2.6g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 26g 52 %
- Cholesterol 62mg 21 %
- Sodium 434mg 18 %
- Total Carbohydrates 27g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g 8 %
- Sugars 23g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a fan of chicken and waffles then we've got a stress-free way to make dinner that uses your favorite frozen breaded chicken tenders from the freezer aisle! This recipe is also versatile because you can make it in the oven, or in an air fryer! Everyone will love our Bacon 'n' Fried Chicken Wafflewich as a hearty twist on a classic favorite!