"Unstuffed" Stuffed Cheesy Pork Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The family is going to rave over these budget-friendly skillet pork chops! Made with a box of shortcut stuffing mix, and lots ooey gooey cheese, our "Unstuffed" Stuffed Cheesy Pork Chops are layered to perfection. It's a dish that looks and tastes like it's fit for royalty, so there's no need to tell everyone just how budget-friendly it actually is!
What You'll Need
- 1 (6-ounce) package flavored stuffing mix
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 (3/4-inch-thick) boneless pork chops (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (1-ounce) slices Muenster cheese
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
What to Do
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, adding mushrooms to water before water reaches a boil.
- Meanwhile, evenly sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Brown pork chops on both sides, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Leaving chops in the skillet, top each with about 1/3 cup stuffing and a slice of cheese. Add wine to skillet, cover, and cook 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and pork is cooked to desired doneness. Serve with pan drippings.
Test Kitchen Tip
- For more yummy skillet pork chop dinners that are easy on your wallet, check out our All-in-One Pork Chop Dinner, our super flavorful Parmesan Crusted Pork, and these oh-so-yum Pork Chops and Gravy!
- We've got some side dish sensations you're going to love, including our Pennsylvania Dutch Green Beans, some scrumptious Glazed Baby Carrots, and these perfectly portioned Mashed Potato Pancakes!
- When everyone looks to you for dessert, you'll have it covered with our Back-to-Basics Coffee Cake or this decadent Strawberry-Chocolate Dump Cake! Also, for a real treat, try our Bubblin' Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler! Yum!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 1,233
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41g 63 %
- Saturated Fat 16g 79 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 165g 330 %
- Cholesterol 456mg 152 %
- Sodium 1,497mg 62 %
- Total Carbohydrates 34g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 4.5g 0 %