Creamy Mushroom Risotto
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Creamy Mushroom Risotto recipe is so easy to make, you're going to wonder why you didn't do it sooner! This oh-so-creamy and versatile dish originated in Northern Italy, and it's become super popular in the United States. Probably, because once you make this, and you take that first bite, you'll feel like you've been transported to a little bistro in Northern Italy! This is a recipe you're going to want to make again and again!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
What to Do
- In a saucepan, bring chicken broth to a simmer, but do not boil. Keep warm over low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add mushrooms and onion and sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in rice, garlic, and wine; cook until wine is absorbed. Add 1 cup hot broth, stirring constantly until liquid is nearly absorbed. Repeat process, adding remaining broth 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding next portion (about 15 minutes total).
- Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter, the Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip
- If you're looking for a yummy way to change up this Creamy Mushroom Risotto recipe, you can add some shrimp or cooked chicken into the mix, keeping the risotto fresh every time you make it!
- We've got all occasions covered! For more yummy recipes that everyone will love, be sure to check out our No-Fail Italian Favorites!
- Here are some more Italian recipes that'll have you saying delizioso! If you're having a romantic evening, try our Chicken Parmesan for Two! It's perfect for a candlelit dinner. Plus, you can really impress with our sweet Cassata Cake! It's super easy to make!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more versatile and yummy side dishes, download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 206
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 6.7g 34 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 9.4g 19 %
- Cholesterol 28mg 9 %
- Sodium 803mg 33 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 7 %
- Sugars 3.7g 0 %