Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Basil and Tomato Couscous
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pronounced 'koos-koos,' it's a tiny, pea-shaped pasta that's popular in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cooking. It is oh so 'good-good' and will quickly become your family's favorite!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 1/4 cups couscous, uncooked (see note)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 slices, bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- Combine boiling water and couscous in a large heatproof bowl; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork; cool slightly.
- Add basil and next 3 ingredients to couscous; stir well.
- Combine vinegar and remaining 3 ingredients in a jarl cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Drizzle vinegar mixture over couscous mixture, and toss gently. Serve immediately; or for more flavor, cover and chill at least 2 hours. Toss gently before serving.
Look for this quick cooking pasta with the rice and grains at your supermarket.