Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Black Bean-Chili Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This loaded spud satisfies even the hungriest of guys. And if you have leftover chili of your own, go ahead and pile it high atop a baked potato.
What You'll Need
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can chili-style chunky tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
What to Do
- Scrub potatoes; prick each potato several times with a fork. Arrange potatoes 1-inch apart on a microwave-safe rack or on paper towels. Microwave at HIGH 20 minutes, turning and rearranging after 10 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat a large saucepan or skillet with cooking spray; add oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic and onion; cook, stirring constantly, until tender. Stir in tomatoes and next 3 ingredients; cook over medium heat just until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in scallions.
- Cut an X to within 1/2-inch of bottom of each baked potato. Squeeze potatoes from opposite ends to open; fluff pulp with a fork. Spoon bean mixture over potatoes, and sprinkle with cheese. Top each potato with sour cream, if desired, and serve immediately.
The potatoes were tested in a 1100-watt microwave oven.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can count on lots of crispy edges when you make our recipe for Sheet Pan Mac 'n' Cheese! If your regular macaroni and cheese recipe is getting too routine, then you'll love this unique way of making a classic, cheesy, favorite. This is one the whole family will cheer for!