Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Cheddar Herb Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These Cheddar Herb Potatoes are the perfect compliment to any main dish. They're a cinch to make and are just as good the next day!
What You'll Need
- 3 large Idaho potatoes (or 5 medium), washed and peeled
- 3 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 fresh chive blades, finely chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 small white onion
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- salt to taste
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice potatoes 1/3-inch thick. In a large bowl, combine herbs, soup, milk, butter, onion, and 3/4 cup cheese.
- Line bottom of prepared baking dish with half the potatoes. Sprinkle with salt, then pour half the soup mixture over. Repeat layers. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over top.
- Bake covered 45 minutes, then uncover and bake 10 to 15 additional minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- If you don't have time to chop herbs, you can always use already prepared ones. It saves time and the flavor will still be excellent!
- Feel free to slice the potatoes thicker if you like; just be sure to increase the cooking time.
- For more potato sides we know you'll love, try our Classic Mashed Potatoes, our Amish Potato Salad, or our Parmesan Smashed Potatoes!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 309
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 8.5g 43 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 9.5g 19 %
- Cholesterol 36mg 12 %
- Sodium 565mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 34g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.6g 18 %
- Sugars 4.2g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!