Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Cheesy Potato Pancakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't worry about taking out the grater for this one, 'cause our recipe for Cheesy Potato Pancakes uses a convenient shortcut that'll have you frying and munching on these homemade potato pancakes in no time! You might want to make a second batch of these cheesy and crispy potato pancakes, 'cause they're gonna "sell like hotcakes!"
What You'll Need
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated shredded potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, and egg; mix well. Add flour, salt, pepper, and cheese; mix until well combined.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Measure about 1/2 cup potato mixture and form into pancake shape. Place pancakes in hot oil and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden on both sides. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat with remaining pancakes. Serve warm.
Sour cream and applesauce are delicious toppings for potato pancakes! In fact, we think you'll just love our easy and delicious recipe for Chunky Applesauce, and your gang will too!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can serve up a restaurant-worthy dinner while sticking to your budget, with this easy recipe for Crazy-Good Rosemary Chicken. These juicy chicken breasts are topped with a flavor-packed sauce made with some onions, a little lemon juice, a splash of wine, and a bit of mustard. The results are amazing!