Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Dutch Treat: Funchi
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bacon bits, black-eyed peas and brown sugar give Funchi a rich, savory-sweet flavor. This recipe may contain Deep-South flavor, but it's an old European treat!
What You'll Need
- 1 can (15-ounces) black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 can (3-ounces) real bacon bits
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cornmeal
What to Do
- Coat a 2-quart bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients except the cornmeal; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Gradually stir in the cornmeal and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the mixture is very stiff and pulls away from the sides of the pan. Pour into the prepared bowl.
- Cover the bowl for a few minutes with a serving plate, then invert onto the plate. Slice, and serve warm.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. No, honestly, pop one of these Cranberry Shortbread Drops into your mouth and experience everything a buttery shortbread cookie should be, with the added bonus of creamy white chocolate pieces and flavorful dried cranberries. Yum!