Garden Spanish Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Spanish rice is a popular Mexican and southwestern USA dish that can be enjoyed as a main dish or a go-along. Our beefed up version of Garden Spanish Rice is sure to hit the spot when the gang comes home hungry.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 (14-ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, not drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
What to Do
- In a soup pot, brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Drain off excess liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients except the zucchini; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes. Add zucchini and continue cooking 10 additional minutes, or until rice is tender.
We're thinking that Tres Leches would be a sweet end to this Tex Mex-style meal. See what you think!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 445
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 6.9g 34 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 26g 53 %
- Cholesterol 77mg 26 %
- Sodium 771mg 32 %
- Total Carbohydrates 44g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.2g 13 %
- Sugars 7.2g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Do you remember eating square pizza for lunch when you were back in school? We do! We're bringing back those memories one slice at a time with our recipe for School Lunch Square Pizza. Our version has a super crispy crust with lots of cheesy yumminess!