Grandma's Country Mashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you like the classic, creamy taste of a simple, made-from-scratch mashed potatoes recipe, then you're going to love Grandma's Country Mashed Potatoes. This amazing side dish is a great example of why we love it when Grandma's in the kitchen!
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place potatoes in a soup pot with just enough water to cover. Place lid loosely on pot, bring to a boil over high heat, and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until fork-tender. Using the lid, drain potatoes and place pot back on heat 1 minute to make sure all water is gone.
- Add remaining ingredients; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
- Most of us think mashed potatoes are a "must" on all Thanksgiving tables, but some of us like other potato choices! If you'd like another option, try our French Roasted Potatoes -- they're delicious!
- Looking for more recipes with buttermilk? Our Best Buttermilk Recipes: 12 Recipes with Buttermilk can help you!
- Plus, don't forget to top this off with our Back-to-Basics Brown Gravy!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 275
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 6.2g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 5.7g 11 %
- Cholesterol 27mg 9 %
- Sodium 414mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 43g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 2.9g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This homemade butter recipe is just what you need to bring a little country warmth into the kitchen at breakfast. Our Summer's Best Peach Butter is a sweet and creamy spread that will melt perfectly into warm biscuits. And since it's a slow cooker recipe, you just set it and come home saying "yum".