Hash Brown Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Thanks to some convenient shortcuts, like frozen, shredded potatoes, and canned soup, you can enjoy this Hash Brown Casserole quicker than ever! You'll especially love how crispy and delicious it looks when it comes out of the oven.
What You'll Need
- 2 (16-ounce) packages refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed if frozen
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until well mixed. Transfer to prepared casserole dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes, remove foil, and continue to bake an additional 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For a bit of extra flavor, brown the potatoes 4 to 5 minutes in some hot vegetable oil before combining with other ingredients.
- This recipe is adapted from the Fried and True Cookbook.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We combined two of our favorite takeout soups into one you can make right at home. Don't rely on the delivery guy to bring you hot soup. You've got everything you need to do it yourself! If you've been looking for an egg drop soup recipe to make right at home, then you've come to the right place. This egg drop soup recipe is so easy, we know you'll be making it all the time.