Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Italian Cheese Dumplings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking to add something new to your Italian menu, then you've gotta make our Italian Cheese Dumplings. This extra cheesy and super easy Italian recipe is a jaw-dropper your guests will love!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, eggs, egg yolk, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Add 1 cup flour and stir just until combined and mixture forms a ball. (Mixture will be soft.)
- Dust baking sheets with flour. Drop a teaspoonful of dough onto baking sheet in an oval shape. Repeat with remaining dough. (You will get approximately 60.) Lightly dust with more flour.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, drop about 15 dough balls. When dough rises to top of water, cook another 4 minutes, or until no longer gummy in center. Using a slotted spoon, remove dumplings to a bowl. Repeat with remaining dough balls until all are cooked.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add dumplings, parsley, garlic, and remaining salt and pepper. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until dumplings start to brown, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tips!
- We like to serve these with extra Parmesan cheese and, if you want, a great marinara sauce! You can also make a cool and crunchy Caesar salad to complete your delicious Italian meal.
- Want more ways to top this dumpling recipe? Try our Oven-Roasted Tomatoes, or Farm Style Pasta Sauce, or our Fresh Pesto Sauce!
- For more excellent pasta recipes, try our Slow Cooker Baked Ziti, or our Noodle Carbonara.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.