Italian Green Beans and Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Canned veggies are a cinch to prepare and take on new flair in this colorful side dish.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole new potatoes, drained and sliced
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can cut Italian green beans, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion and bell pepper, and saute, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Add potatoes and saute 2 more minutes. Add stewed tomatoes and green beans, and cook until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Canned veggies retain comparable nutrients to fresh vegetables because they go straight from the garden to the cannery - no extensive traveling for these nutritious gems. If you're watching your sodium intake, look for low-sodium versions because regular canned veggies contain quite a bit of salt.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.