Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Italian Green Beans and Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Canned veggies are a cinch to prepare and take on new flair in this colorful side dish.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole new potatoes, drained and sliced
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can cut Italian green beans, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion and bell pepper, and saute, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Add potatoes and saute 2 more minutes. Add stewed tomatoes and green beans, and cook until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Canned veggies retain comparable nutrients to fresh vegetables because they go straight from the garden to the cannery - no extensive traveling for these nutritious gems. If you're watching your sodium intake, look for low-sodium versions because regular canned veggies contain quite a bit of salt.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This homemade butter recipe is just what you need to bring a little country warmth into the kitchen at breakfast. Our Summer's Best Peach Butter is a sweet and creamy spread that will melt perfectly into warm biscuits. And since it's a slow cooker recipe, you just set it and come home saying "yum".