Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Mashed Potato Stuffing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a variation on our traditional stuffing. Is it stuffing or potatoes? It's both! Our Mashed Potato Stuffing is a real treat, 'cause it'll please everyone!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix (14-ounce package contains 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes and baking powder. Add stuffing mix, parsley, and black pepper; mix well.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat; add onion, celery, and garlic, and saute 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Add vegetable mixture and chicken broth to potato and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place in casserole dish. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Whether you use the homemade or instant mashed potatoes, there's no need to add salt.
- For more tasty ideas, check out our collection of Homemade Stuffing Recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 574
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 4.7g 24 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 16g 32 %
- Cholesterol 17mg 6 %
- Sodium 1,927mg 80 %
- Total Carbohydrates 104g 35 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.3g 21 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This homemade butter recipe is just what you need to bring a little country warmth into the kitchen at breakfast. Our Summer's Best Peach Butter is a sweet and creamy spread that will melt perfectly into warm biscuits. And since it's a slow cooker recipe, you just set it and come home saying "yum".