Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
New Mexican Cous Cous
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A perfect example of how the blending of cultures really works - Mediterranean couscous tossed with a few Southwestern touches...it makes a super blend!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup light or nonfat sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (4½ ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the cheese; mix well. Place the mixture into a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the cheese. Continue baking for 5 to 7 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Usually found in your supermarket rice section, couscous is becoming a very popular item these days.