Nutty Potato Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're ready for a unique French dinner go-along, stop here! Or should I say, start here?
What You'll Need
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled, cooked, mashed and cooled
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 whole egg, beaten
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled potatoes, egg yolk, butter, salt, and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and almonds; mix well.
- Roll the potato mixture into tablespoon-sized balls. Dip the balls into the beaten egg, then in the bread crumb mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat; do not allow the oil to burn. Fry the balls, turning frequently, until brown on all sides.
- Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
A perfect make-ahead side dish. They just need to be rewarmed on a cookie sheet in a 250 degree F. oven for about 20 minutes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've got a hungry family, but not a whole lot of time, then this Quick-as-a-Wink Pasta recipe is just what you need. In about 15 minutes you can whip up this flavorful dish that's loaded with sausage, peppers, and onions. Just wait till you take your first bite!