Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a side dish that's simply "smashing"! (No, really). Our Parmesan Smashed Potatoes are crispy on the outside, tender as can be on the inside, and full of flavor throughout. Plus, did we mention how much fun it is to smash these?!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 pounds small potatoes (about 12)
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- In a large saucepan over high heat, place potatoes in enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and simmer about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Place potatoes on baking sheet. Using a large spoon or the heel of your hand, gently press down on each potato to smash it, so it ends up about 1/2-inch thick. Make sure to keep each potato in one piece.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper; mix well. Brush mixture over potatoes, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are crispy and golden.
Check This Out!
- Need more parmesan? Make our Winning Fries, our Skillet Parmesan Pork, and our Chicken Parmesan Lasagna.
- We love a good potato recipe! Make our Classic Mashed Potatoes, or our Cheddar Herb Potatoes. Plus, on game day, chow down on these Half Time Skins!
- Did you know that cauliflower makes a great mashed potato substitute? Try these Fool 'Em Mashed Potatoes and you'll see what we mean.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.