We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Polenta is a side dish made from cornmeal that's versatile enough as is but can be flavored with almost anything! Try this version of polenta that features pesto and Parmesan cheese. Now, that's Italian!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup (1/2-stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fine-ground yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Coat a 9" x 5" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the water, butter, and salt in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the cornmeal until the mixture is smooth and no lumps remain. Whisk in the pesto until completely blended; stir in the cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf pan, packing it down firmly. Allow to cool for at least 1 hour, or until firm. Invert the pan over a cutting board to remove the polenta. Cut into thick slices and serve.
Slices of polenta are great served at room temperature (as above) and can also be rewarmed in the oven, pan-fried, or grilled before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!