Pesto Spiral Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Give your favorite baked potato a whole new look with our recipe for Pesto Spiral Potatoes. Getting them to look this fancy is super simple, thanks to one easy trick! And once you've drizzled 'em with pesto sauce, they'll taste just as fancy as they look.
What You'll Need
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce (see Note)
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put 2 wooden spoons parallel to one another and place a potato lengthwise between the handles. Make 8 crosswise cuts three-fourths of the way through the potato, stopping each time the knife hits the spoon handles. Repeat with remaining potatoes; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, salt, and pepper; rub mixture evenly over potatoes. Place potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until tender. Remove from oven, drizzle with pesto sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve.
Sure, it's fine to use store-bought pesto sauce, but if you want to make your own, try our recipe for Fresh Pesto Sauce -- it's easy and delicious!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!