We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Popcorn Stuffing is the ultimate in out-of-the-ordinary stuffing recipes. Its a sure conversation-starter as the main ingredient for dressing our turkey for a holiday, or anytime.
What You'll Need
- 6 cups crumbled cornbread or corn muffins (see Notes)
- 3 cups popped popcorn (see Notes)
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 apple, cored, peeled, and diced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until center is set.
Ready-made cornbread or muffins can be found in the bakery section of your supermarket, or you can start from scratch and use your favorite cornbread recipe.
One regular package of microwave popcorn will yield 7 to 8 cups of popcorn.
- If you do try this stuffing for "the big day," send me an email or go to my blog and let me know how everyone enjoyed it! My team and I are always happy to hear from you!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 437
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 26g 40 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 58 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 7.5g 15 %
- Cholesterol 122mg 41 %
- Sodium 931mg 39 %
- Total Carbohydrates 45g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.6g 14 %
- Sugars 8.6g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can serve up a restaurant-worthy dinner while sticking to your budget, with this easy recipe for Crazy-Good Rosemary Chicken. These juicy chicken breasts are topped with a flavor-packed sauce made with some onions, a little lemon juice, a splash of wine, and a bit of mustard. The results are amazing!