We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Potato Pockets are sort of like shortcut pierogies. We stuff biscuit dough with a buttery mixture of mashed potatoes and onion before baking them up until they're golden brown and delicious. They're great for snacking on or serving at a party with your favorite dipping sauce!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) refrigerator buttermilk biscuits
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and saute onions 6 to 8 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, salt, pepper, and onions; mix well.
- Separate each biscuit and flatten. Place a heaping tablespoon of the potato mixture into the center of each biscuit. Fold biscuit dough in half to form a half-circle and pinch the edges together with your fingers. Bake on a cookie sheet for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
If you want to jazz up the flavor a little, add 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder along with the other seasonings.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Calories 123
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 2.2g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 2.2g 4 %
- Cholesterol 5.0mg 2 %
- Sodium 400mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 2.4g 0 %