Rice 'n' Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe is an all-time favorite in Howard's house. That's because it's a family recipe that has been passed down for years. Rice 'n' Pasta is an easy way to serve two of your favorites at once!
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain or whole-grain rice, uncooked
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 3 tablespoons butter; add onion and saute until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining butter in skillet and brown spaghetti over medium-low heat. (Be careful--it browns quickly.) Remove pan from heat and return onions to pan. Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Return skillet to heat, bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 more minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 397
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 6.1g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 8.3g 17 %
- Cholesterol 24mg 8 %
- Sodium 897mg 37 %
- Total Carbohydrates 66g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.3g 9 %
- Sugars 2.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.