Rice 'n' Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe is an all-time favorite in Howard's house. That's because it's a family recipe that has been passed down for years. Rice 'n' Pasta is an easy way to serve two of your favorites at once!
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain or whole-grain rice, uncooked
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 3 tablespoons butter; add onion and saute until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining butter in skillet and brown spaghetti over medium-low heat. (Be careful--it browns quickly.) Remove pan from heat and return onions to pan. Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Return skillet to heat, bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 more minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 397
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 6.1g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 8.3g 17 %
- Cholesterol 24mg 8 %
- Sodium 897mg 37 %
- Total Carbohydrates 66g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.3g 9 %
- Sugars 2.2g 0 %