Shrimp "Fried" Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Most people would probably rather get Chinese take-out than make it at home. We bet you'll change your mind with this easy recipe for Shrimp "Fried" Rice 'cause it combines favorite Chinese restaurant tastes with kitchen shortcuts.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 4 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add rice, and saute 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Turn off heat, cover, and let sit 5 to 7 minutes, or until broth has been absorbed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook 4 to 6 minutes over medium heat, or until heated through and liquid has been absorbed. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.