Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Simple Mashed Sweet Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The smoothness of the Simple Mashed Sweet Potatoes mixed with the crunch of the toasted pecans keeps everyone in our family coming back for more. The combination is to-die-for!
What You'll Need
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded (about 2 pounds) (see note)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
What to Do
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a lightly greased 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 5 - 5-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Using a potato masher, mash potatoes in cooker to desired consistency. Sprinkle with toasted pecans before serving.
Shred the sweet potatoes in a snap in a food processor. This helps the potatoes cook evenly and creates a smoother mash. The potatoes shrink down in the slow cooker as they soften, so there's plenty of room to mash right in the cooker when the potatoes are tender.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 246
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 5.4g 27 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 2.4g 5 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 312mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.5g 14 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Utah's Best Funeral Potatoes
- Mom's Scalloped Potatoes
- Mushroom Rice Bake
- Mashed Potato Casserole
- Cheesy Hash Browns
- Bubble and Squeak
- Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes & More
- Old-Fashioned Potato Pancakes
- Irish Potatoes
- German Sauerkraut Potato Balls