Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Have you ever thought about how the simplest foods taste the best? This classic recipe for easy Skillet Potatoes may have traveled through time from the fifties, but it still works today!
What You'll Need
- 6 potatoes, washed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
1. Fill a medium saucepan three-quarters full with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add potatoes and cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until fork-tender; drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sliced onions and saute 5 to 6 minutes, or until they start to brown.
3. Add potatoes, salt, and pepper to skillet; mix well and cook 15 to 17 minutes, or until potatoes are golden, turning occasionally.
- Got leftover baked potatoes? If so - skip step one, slice the potatoes and proceed from there. Serve these on a platter sprinkled with a little paprika for a fancy finishing touch.
- And for more skillet favorites, check out our collection of 34 Easy Skillet Meals!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!