Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Southwest Rice Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Add a bit of color and crunch to any meal with our simple Southwest Rice Salad recipe. Using flavors commonly found in the southwestern part of the country, this rice salad has a bit more "pop" than your average rice salad recipe. And if you've never made rice salad before, boy are you missing out! Making a great addition to a family dinner or the perfect potluck dish, this recipe sure is versatile.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth), cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper (about 1 medium-sized pepper)
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper (about 1 medium-sized pepper)
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, hot pepper sauce, garlic, salt, and white pepper; mix well. Add the remaining ingredients, and toss lightly.
- Makes about 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 162
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2g 5 %
- Saturated Fat 0.3g 1 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.4g 7 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 217mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7 %
- Sugars 1.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a great new grilled chicken recipe that pairs the tropical flavors of mango and lime for a great summertime meal. Just let the chicken sit in the marinade overnight, then whip it up at your backyard bash, and everyone will think they've gone on vacation!