Speedy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mashed potatoes are a must-have all year long, and with this Speedy Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe you can turn that ordinary mashed potato dish into something spectacular (without spending too much time over the stove!).
What You'll Need
- 1 (24-ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 (4-ounce) container garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
What to Do
- In a large microwaveable bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and microwave 5 to 6 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through. Serve immediately.
If you can't find garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese, make your own by combining 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened and cubed; 3 tablespoons butter; 1 minced clove of garlic; and 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite herb.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 293
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 7.2g 36 %
- Trans Fat 1.2g 0 %
- Protein 5.9g 12 %
- Cholesterol 32mg 11 %
- Sodium 993mg 41 %
- Total Carbohydrates 30g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 2.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potatoes aren't the only vegetable worth mashing! Actually, Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower makes a great alternative for when you want a change of pace from the typical potato side dish. These "cauliflower mashed potatoes" have a nice creamy taste and they're nutritious too!