Sweet Potato Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There couldn't be an easier way to make an elegant sweet potato side dish. Canned sweet potatoes are a huge time-saver, and when they're mixed and baked with a few ingredients and topped with pecans, it makes this Sweet Potato Casserole hard to resist. We love having an easy sweet potato casserole recipe on hand, especially during the holiday season, so you'll sure be thankful you saved this one 'cause it's just so simple!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- 2 (29-ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar, flour, 1/4 cup butter, and the coconut, if desired; mix until crumbly, then set aside.
In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients, including remaining butter; mix well. Spoon into casserole dish and sprinkle evenly with pecan mixture.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through.
- We just can't get enough of our Baked Sweet Potato Fries and Sweet Potato Pancakes! Try these tasty and healthy options for your crew!
- Plus, if you liked this easy sweet potato casserole recipe, be sure to check out our free recipe collection, Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes & More.
- For an extra dose of sweetness, try out our Marshmallow Sweet Potato Bake, Farmstyle Sweet Potato Biscuits, or Caramelized Sweet Potato Casserole!
- For more recipes like this Sweet Potato Casserole, check out our collection of 12 Sweet Potato Casseroles and Other Sweet Potato Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.