Caramelized Sweet Potato Crowns
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Instead of that same ol' baked sweet potato casserole for Christmas this year, we've come up with a new recipe, that's got a bit of a regal feel. What really gives our Caramelized Sweet Potato Crowns a special something is the ooey, gooey butter pecan topping that has just enough crunch to compliment the creamy potatoes! This new can't-resist twist on an old-time favorite is guaranteed to get everyone excited for Christmas dinner!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large unpeeled sweet potatoes, cut into 1-1/2-inch slices with ends discarded
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine oil and salt; mix well. Add sweet potato slices and toss until evenly coated. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of each potato and return to oven; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until sugar is melted and nuts start to toast up. Serve immediately.
- Since these are perfect around the holidays, you can make them even more decadent by drizzling some sweet maple syrup right before serving for that extra-special touch!
- For one of our favorite Christmas dinner meals, pair this with Roasted Holiday Prime Rib, our Holiday Cabbage Casserole, and these too-good-to-true Better Buttermilk Biscuits! With a winning combo like this, no one will even care about presents this year!
- For more baked sweet potato recipes try our holiday-favorite Down Home Sweet Potato Casserole or this yummy Harvest Vegetable Bake!
- When it comes to holiday desserts, we've got the best pies around! If you want something rich and creamy whip up our Chocolate Fudge Pie, or, for more of a classic taste try our Cheddar Crumb Topped Apple Pie, or for something extra-special, maybe you prefer a slice of Caramel Peanut Pumpkin Pie! With so many amazing pie recipes, we've got something to satisfy every sweet tooth at the table!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 253
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 3.6g 18 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 1.7g 3 %
- Cholesterol 7.6mg 3 %
- Sodium 354mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 23g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Freshly squeezed orange juice helps turn these Double-Orange Glazed Cookies into a tasty, sunny treat that they won't be able to stop snackin' on. Bake these "doubly-orangey-good" cookies when you're looking for a sunshine-y way to brighten up your gang!