Texas Broccoli and Rice Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
They say everything's bigger in Texas, which must be why this casserole is so big on taste! Our Texas Broccoli and Rice Casserole is creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-easy. It's perfect alongside anything from Texas brisket to your favorite chicken dinner!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups cooked rice
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; saute celery and onion 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix in remaining ingredients then place the mixture in baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
- If you're looking for more Texas-inspired recipes, check out our collection of Easy Texas Recipes!
- Did You Know?: Texas is one of the highest-producing rice-growing states in the country. The state has been growing rice for over a century!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 231
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 7.2g 36 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 7.4g 15 %
- Cholesterol 30mg 10 %
- Sodium 632mg 26 %
- Total Carbohydrates 22g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g 8 %
- Sugars 2.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What makes this brisket recipe so simple? The fact that your slow cooker does all the work, and we think that's just great! Now you don't need a special occasion to make fork tender brisket and we can bet your family will be very happy about that