Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Two-Toned Shredded Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mix up the flavor and style in your potato casserole with our recipe for Two-Toned Shredded Potatoes! This potato casserole is pretty enough to serve on holidays, and easy enough to make year-round. It's an all-around winner!
What You'll Need
- 2 Russet baking potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and shredded
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and shredded
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup apple juice
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, place baking and sweet potatoes; sprinkle with salt. Add enough ice water to just cover potatoes and let stand 10 minutes. Drain potatoes well and place in baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter and apple juice until butter is melted. Pour sugar mixture over potatoes.
- Bake 65 to 70 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring halfway through baking.
- This goes great with so many main dishes--how about serving it with our Down Home Meatloaf!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can serve up a restaurant-worthy dinner while sticking to your budget, with this easy recipe for Crazy-Good Rosemary Chicken. These juicy chicken breasts are topped with a flavor-packed sauce made with some onions, a little lemon juice, a splash of wine, and a bit of mustard. The results are amazing!