Ultimate Mashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These really are the Ultimate Mashed Potatoes! The not-so-secret ingredient, sour cream, adds the extra creamy flavor that you crave from the perfect mashed potato recipe.
What You'll Need
- 8 Idaho russet potatoes (about 3 pounds), cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook potatoes 20 to 25 minutes, or until fork-tender; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, sour cream, milk, butter, salt, and pepper; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and well blended.