Vegetable Harvest Stuffing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've stuffed this stuffing with lots of fresh vegetables and seasonings to give it a truly homemade taste that'll complement any of your main dishes. Our Vegetable Harvest Stuffing is sure to be one of your most requested recipes, year after year!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 12 ounces package cubed herb-seasoned stuffing mix (8 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; saute mushrooms, onion, celery, and garlic until vegetables are limp, about 10 minutes. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, broth, salt, and black pepper. Scatter bread cubes in a large bowl or baking pan. Add mushroom mixture and egg mixture, and toss gently to blend. Add carrots and parsley, and toss again then scoop mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Bake about 1 hour, or until golden and crisp.
This stuffing recipe should be enough to loosely stuff a 12- to 14-pound turkey, if you wish (with a little left over), but be sure to:
- Refrigerate stuffing until ready to stuff and roast turkey.
- Adjust cooking time and temperature accordingly.
- Remove leftover stuffing from turkey immediately after dinner and refrigerate turkey and stuffing separately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Need a full-of-flavor pork tenderloin recipe that's also quick to get on the table? Well then, our Skillet Parmesan Pork is perfect for you! The whole family will love the seasoned-to-perfection taste, and you'll love that it comes together in about 10 minutes. Sound too good to be true? Well, go ahead and give yourself a pinch, cause not only is this real, but it's perfect to make any night of the week!