Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Vegetable Wild Rice Medley
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether served as a side dish or a main dish, you can't go wrong with Vegetable Wild Rice Medley. There's something for everyone all in one!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (2-3/4-ounce) package instant wild rice, uncooked
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high, and sauté next 4 ingredients until carrot is tender.
- Add rice and broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in black pepper. Let stand 5 minutes.
Sometimes I turn this veggie side dish into an easy entrée by stirring 1 cup of chopped cooked chicken into the rice after all the liquid's absorbed. It's a one-dish meal that's ready in a flash, and it's so delish!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.