Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Easy Pumpkin Risotto
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Easy Pumpkin Risotto is the perfect side dish for your next holiday dinner! All the luxury of this classically fancy rice dish in an easy-to-make way that perfectly blends your favorite holiday flavors. Creamy pumpkin, bright cranberries, and the tart zing of the goat cheese make this easy side dish recipe oh-so-yummy!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
What to Do
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk vegetable broth, pumpkin, and nutmeg until hot; do not boil. Keep warm over low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion and saute 4 to 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in rice, thyme, and salt; heat 1 minute. Add 1 cup of hot broth mixture, stirring constantly until liquid is nearly absorbed. Repeat process, adding remaining broth 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next portion (about 15 minutes total).
- Remove from heat. Stir in dried cranberries, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Top with goat cheese and serve immediately.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.