Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Weeknight Shrimp Fried Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Just because we have our weeknight routines, well, that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Sure, there are a lot of delicious shrimp fried rice recipes out there, but the secret that makes ours stand apart is chilling the rice before we cook it. It makes the fried rice lighter, and it won't get mushy later on. Our Weeknight Shrimp Fried Rice is anything but routine, and it's absolutely irresistible.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice, chilled
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound raw medium shrimp, peeled and tails removed
- 3 scallions, sliced
What to Do
- In a large skillet or wok over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil until hot. Add eggs and scramble 1 to 2 minutes or until fluffy; remove from skillet, chop eggs slightly, and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet over high heat. Add rice and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until hot. Stir in peas and carrots, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper and cook 3 minutes. Stir in shrimp and cook 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and mixture is cooked through. Stir in scallions and chopped eggs and serve.
Test Kitchen Tips:
- Know what goes great with shrimp fried rice? Your favorite Chinese-style menu items. Personally, we love the Honey Garlic Chicken or Bourbon Chicken.
- Chinese takeout night needs some Pork Lo Mein. Good thing we have a quick and easy recipe for that.
- For dessert, the whole family will love our Good Luck Sherbert--complete with a fortune cookie on top.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 271
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 1.7g 8 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 10g 20 %
- Cholesterol 84mg 28 %
- Sodium 1,660mg 69 %
- Total Carbohydrates 39g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g 10 %
- Sugars 2.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.