Baked Custard Rice Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
Rice isn't only for serving as a side dish or throwing at weddings! It's also a main ingredient in this to-die-for dessert. Our Baked Custard Rice Pudding is a traditional, custard-style pudding that can be served hot or chilled - either way it's so tasty!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat until well combined. Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into casserole dish and bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until top is golden. (Pudding will be loose.) Serve warm, or cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
So many rice puddings to choose from! Once you try our Baked Custard Rice Pudding, here's a collection of other rice puddings to try!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.