The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Forget the "same old, same old" and tempt those taste buds with a new (really an old) flavor for a change. They'll love it, and the proof will be in the pudding bowl...'cause it'll be empty!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What to Do
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, and salt over medium heat. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until butter melts and sugar begins to caramelize, stirring constantly; remove from heat.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cornstarch and milk, then whisk into brown sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes, or until mixture has thickened, whisking constantly. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in vanilla and place in a serving bowl or individual serving dishes and chill for at least 2 hours; serve or cover and chill until ready to serve.
For extra crunch, we like to serve this topped with some chopped-up chocolate-covered toffee candy bars. Of course, you should use your favorites.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!