The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Caramel Nut Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for the best bread pudding recipe around? Well, if you love the flavors of gooey caramel and want to add just a touch of crunch to your dessert, then our Caramel Nut Bread Pudding is sure to be your new favorite bread pudding recipe! And while it's so good we know it might be tempting to keep it to yourself, this is the perfect bread pudding recipe to share with your favorite people!
What You'll Need
- 12 caramel candies
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12-ounce) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch-square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine caramels, sweetened condensed milk, butter, vanilla, and salt, stirring occasionally until caramels melt. Remove saucepan from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine water and eggs; beat well. Stir in caramel mixture. Add bread cubes and walnuts, and stir until evenly coated. Let stand 5 minutes, then stir again. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Looking for more bread pudding recipes? Try our "Banana Bread" Bread Pudding, and for something a little more decadent, enjoy our French Toast Bread Pudding!
- If you're in the mood for some fun pastry ideas, check out our Texas Sticky Buns or this easy-to-make scrumptious Pear Strudel!
- Love this recipe? Tell us about it in the comments below!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more dessert ideas, download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 531
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15g 23 %
- Saturated Fat 7.7g 38 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 16g 32 %
- Cholesterol 127mg 42 %
- Sodium 593mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 84g 28 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 51g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
They say everything's bigger in Texas, which must be why this casserole is so big on taste! Our Texas Broccoli and Rice Casserole is creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-easy. It's perfect alongside anything from Texas brisket to your favorite chicken dinner!