Chocolate Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Never heard of Chocolate Bread Pudding? It's an eyebrow-raising twist on the classic bread pudding recipe. What a great make-ahead dessert!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons chocolate-flavored syrup
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 9 slices white bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, evaporated milk, whole milk, and egg yolks. Add melted butter, chocolate syrup, raisins, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg; mix. Add bread cubes to mixture and toss to saturate bread. Pour mixture into a greased 8-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle chips on top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden and set. Allow to cool then cut into squares.
This gets firmer and is easier to cut when cool. If you'd like to reheat it slightly before serving, just pop it in the microwave. And if you'd like, serve it the old-fashioned way: topped with cream or milk.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
They say everything's bigger in Texas, which must be why this casserole is so big on taste! Our Texas Broccoli and Rice Casserole is creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-easy. It's perfect alongside anything from Texas brisket to your favorite chicken dinner!