The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Take your taste buds on a stroll through the late 80's and early 90's when desserts like Creme Brulee were becoming big on the food scene. Now you don't need reservations at a fancy restaurant in order to get a taste of this creamy treat, you can make it right at home!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine heavy cream, milk, 1/2 cup sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla. Cook 30 minutes, stirring frequently. (Be careful not to boil.)
- Remove from heat and beat 5 to 6 minutes, or until smooth and thick. Divide equally among four 1-cup custard cups. Chill 4 to 6 hours, or until custard is very firm.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt remaining sugar until golden, then pour over chilled custards; chill 15 to 20 additional minutes, or until sugar hardens. Serve, or keep chilled until ready to serve (See Note).
- Change this up by substituting Amaretto or Bailey's for the vanilla extract!
- These can be topped with melted sugar and chilled up to 2 hours before serving, so, if making these in advance, plan to top with the sugar within 2 hours of serving.
- If you like creamy, custardy desserts (and who doesn't!), we highly recommend giving our Napoleons a try!
- It's Throwback Week! Hope you've enjoyed reminiscing with us!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Life gets busy and sometimes, that means we need quick breakfast ideas we can take on-the go. Well, it doesn't get much quicker than our Breakfast in a Mug recipe. You can make this in the microwave in less than 5 minutes. Wanna know the best part? You can grab the mug and go! No more excuses to skip the most important meal of the day.